Combining corn and frijoles makes for a wonderful mix of flavors and textures that’ll satisfy anyone.
Esquite with black frijoles
Write a review
- 2 – tablespoons mayo
- 1 – teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 – corn on the cob
- 1/2 – cup crema (Mexican cream)
- 2 – limes (juiced)
- 1/4 – cup cilantro leaves
- 1 – jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 1/4 – green onion chopped
- 5 – ounces cotija cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 – teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 – cup black beans (small can, rinsed and drained)
- Tortilla chips (I prefer nacho cheese Doritos)
- In a small bowl whisk mayo and garlic together.
- Brush mayo on corn, and place on a hot grill.
- Grill for 15 minutes.
- Turning the corn with tongs every five minutes.
- While corn is grilling, add any remaining mayo/garlic to the salad dressing shaker also add in crema, and lime juice.
- Set to the side while you chop cilantro, green onion, and jalapeno.
- Add chopped greens to salad dressing shaker.
- Shake well and set to the side till ready to use.
- Remove corn from the grill, and with the corn peeler shave the kernels off the corn and allow to fall into the bowl.
- Add cotija cheese, chili flakes, and black beans to the corn.
- Mix well to combine. Then pour salad dressing over the mixture.
- Serve salad warm with a nice helping of tortilla chips.